Monday, September 26, 2011

The Murray Road Project: Day 3


Blog Entry for September 26th, 2011

The Murray Road Project: Day 3


AM
This morning the fog is so thick and low-hanging that I can’t see farther than 200 yards in any direction. It is as if the world ends at the edge of my grandparents' property.  The dew is also such that the hundreds of tiny spider webs that lace the lawn  are  glistening on top of the grass in spooky little discs. In short, I woke up in a horror film this morning. Nothing bad has happened yet but until the fog lifts I’m going to be convinced that it still might. My plan is to walk downtown, go to the bank, and hopefully think of something else to do there because it’s a six mile round trip walk which is perfectly manageable but feels like a lot if I’m only going to the bank.

PM
So I went to the bank. It turned out to be a lot hotter than I expected today so by the time I got downtown I was all pitted out and I had to buy a tank top. I also bought “The Lost Continent” by Bill Bryson, a ¼” cable, and some makeup. I took myself to Sarducci’s for lunch (because I was feeling deservish) where I had a caprese salad and their drink special which was grey goose l’orange and tonic. I usually avoid flavored vodka but this was really really yummy. I left feeling satisfied and just buzzed enough to forget how long and uphill the walk home would be. I put on my They Might Be Giant’s Pandora station and had a relatively painless walk home. I chilled for an hour or so and then my mother came over and we rode Elf and Olive (horses). Now I am slightly sunburned and have no less than 12 mosquito bites and one of uncertain origin that feels like an almond under my skin. All in all it was a pretty good day. My only concern is that now I don’t want to spend any more money until my boyfriend gets here and I’m going to have to be more creative about keeping myself entertained from now til Friday. Also, I still haven’t heard about one of the jobs I applied for. She emailed me last week to tell me that they had two positions to fill and more people to interview so it would be “a little while longer” before I’ll hear. On the plus side I have a meeting this Thursday about selling waffles. It would be really nice if I could hear from the first job before this meeting because although they are both part-time there might be a conflict and I’d like to go in knowing where I stand.

I’m getting hungry but I don’t really feel like cooking. I didn’t actually end up having pasta last night so maybe I’ll have pasta tossed with spinach. Nice and easy. I don’t know what I’m going to do with myself tomorrow. Probably scour job hunting sites just in case and pay some bills and maybe check out some grad school information and get some writing done and go running and...other things too I suppose. We shall see.

Food And Exercise Log for 9/26/2011
Food:
Breakfast: Special K Protein Shake
Snacks: Rice cakes and apples
Lunch: Caprese salad and some bread
Dinner: Whole wheat pasta tossed with spinach and tomato
Drinks: 1 Vodka Tonic
           1 Long Trail Belgian White

note: I know a diet in which I refuse to give up pasta and alcohol isn’t a very serious diet but I’m not trying to enter any beauty pageants here, and pasta and alcohol make me happy, which makes me more willing to eat smaller portions and avoid cheese.

Exercise
Walked 3 miles downhill
Walked 3 miles uphill
Rode a horse that was lazy in the ring and constantly trying to eat leaves on the trail. This counts as exercise. Trust me.
3 sets 30 crunches with various modifications (Jillian Michaels style)
3 sets 12 squats into a shoulder press w 2 10lb hand weights
3 sets 15 rows into a bicep curl w 2 10 lb hand weights
stretching (also known as lying on the floor with my knees to my chest while watching tv)
            



No comments:

Post a Comment