Thursday, February 2, 2012

Priorities



My room needs cleaning. My room needs cleaning, my computer needs a new battery, and I need to find an apartment in New York ideally starting in June. My room needs cleaning, my computer needs a new battery, I need an apartment in New York, a job in New York, and I haven't been to the doctor's in over a year, the hairdressers in over 7 months, or the dentists in about 4 years. I also need to start collecting materials to apply to grad school. I'm not aiming to start til Spring of 2013 at the earliest but I need letters of recommendations and a portfolio and generally a lot of things that are much easier to compile while living in the state that I've been living in for almost 24 years. 

I am working an average of 45 hours a week and during Presidents week that's going to shoot up to a number that I don't even want to think about right now. My jobs themselves are easy enough and I never bring any part of them home with me (except for the smell of waffles) but I could really use about a week off the regroup. With season work that really isn't an option, especially when you have two seasonal jobs that are both understaffed. Furthermore, whenever I do get more than 2 days off in a row I like to go to New York to see my boyfriend and practice riding the subway by myself (so far I think I've got the hang of the C train between West 96th street and midtown but considering I'll probably be living in slightly less affluent territory I might need to expand my exposure.) Also I occasionally like to go skiing on my days off. And I have a new Jillian Michaels DVD that I've only done 1 level of. There is a pretty obvious hierarchy of which of things I really should be dealing with but the truth is that my #1 priority is actually my sanity which means that I occasionally have to do the things I want to do rather than the things I should be doing.

That was a long, whiny, and not particularly productive rant but whenever I sit down to blog my head starts filling with all of the better ways I could be using my time so I figured I might as well just let those things out because the last thing I want to be stressing about is the fact that I'm not keeping up on my blogging. I have enough first world problems as it is so I might as well just sack up and deal with what I can while I can. Today is a get shit done day. Yesterday I skied and bought some face wash. Tomorrow I will go to the gym in the morning before work. So I apologize for posting without anything particularly interesting to say but I really have to go deal with my bedroom. I'm hoping that once I do that all of the other "housekeeping" details will fall into place.


No comments:

Post a Comment