Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Return to Sanity






I just worked 11 days in a row, all 8 hour shifts and more. It was a holiday week which means I was very busy. It actually wasn't so bad seeing as I don't have a whole lot to do on my days off. Saving money is really boring if you're actually succeeding at it.  Also, since I neglected cleaning my room for 11 days because I was tired I now have something to do. Currently my issue is that I slept for a solid 11 hours last night and now I feel completely groggy and generally shitty. I'm thinking that cleaning can happen tomorrow and today can just be a lazy nothing day. I think I've earned one.

You might think that because I worked so many days I might have some interesting thoughts about my jobs and the people I've encountered this week. The truth is that I don't really want to talk about it too much. My job at the waffle hut is easily the most stressful thing I've ever done when it's busy. When it's not busy I love it because I get to take my time and make big pretty waffles and everyone is happy with me. When it is busy I am in a constant panic that I am going to run out of  proofed dough and not have enough waffles for everyone at the end of the day. When I'm feeling more generous I will explain exactly what I have to do at my job when I'm there by myself but as I said right now I just don't want to talk about it. Once I get better at it I'll probably feel better about it but right now thinking about it makes my blood pressure rise, as does the smell of waffles.

My other job is fine. I had a few more blowhards calling to ask stupid questions than usual but I am pro at fielding that shit and I get to sit down.

I am going to take the next 24 hours or so to recharge my brain and then I'll hopefully come back with something witty and wonderful to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment