Monday, April 16, 2012

A Whole Lot of Nothing

I'm housesitting for about ten days and due to my lack of driving ability (I know I keep promising to explain this but I still don't feel like it) I am a little isolated. I am a solid three miles uphill from town. Last time I walked down there, this happened.
<-----------------------------------
It wasn't as painful as it looked. A blood blister formed and broke before I even noticed what was happening. I did have to go buy bandaids so I could make it home and I'm not sure if that sock will ever be the same. That was on Saturday. The reason I walked downtown was to make it to the bank before it closed at 1:00 but I got about 1/2 way down and realized I had forgotten the check so I just went anyway and did other things.

I was going to walk to the bank today but it got really hot and as you may have guessed I am prone to blisters to begin with so I decided against it. I'll go tomorrow. Or not. It doesn't really matter when I go but seeing as I haven't spoken to another person today I should probably make an effort to get off the property. I would go down and see a movie tonight but then I'd have to walk home in the dark and Montpelier VT is exactly the kind of sleepy, unsuspecting town where loners get kidnapped and gutted like deer in some shack in the woods. Actually I think the murder rate is pretty low here but I still don't want to walk three miles in the dark by myself.


So what have I been doing all day? Good question. I'm not really sure how it came to be 6 in the evening. I woke up at 7:30 and fed animals. I ate some multi-grain cheerios with almond milk. That was tasty. I've walked to dog twice. I fed them again at around 5. I lay out in the sun for less than an hour. I applied to a job or two online. The tv has been on but I haven't really been paying attention to it. I've spent a little too much time debating about when I'm going to exercise but not actually doing it. It's not like I'm on a schedule and I'd rather do it when the sun goes down and it cools off. But I might just be making excuses. I should have done it first thing so I don't have a spector of guilt following me around. I could do it right now...and then shower and then make dinner and have some wine and pretend like I've had a hard day that I need to unwind from. It's not like I already drank a grapefruit juice, vodka  and champagne cocktail while I was sunbathing. Except actually I did exactly that and it was fucking fantastic.The sun is still out. Maybe I should just do that again....

No, no. I need to earn it.

So I'll go exercise. I'll feel better about things if I exercise. And I'll eat a lot of spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment