Thursday, November 3, 2011

I'm An Adult, Dammit!




I am a grown ass woman (kind of) and sometimes I feel like my current circumstances relegate me to this post-adolescent netherworld in which I get no damn respect. This could be because of my baby dimples or the fact that I don't have my drivers license, but I'm going to go ahead and assume it's because people "just don't understand." Being in my 20s and living at home might seem like a retrograde move, but I'm actually doing a very sensible thing. I think it's time that someone gave me my official "Grown Up" badge already.

The facts, or the facts as I have chosen to interpret them:

Prior to this summer I have been living on my own and working to support myself since 2008.

I pay for my own vices...unless someone else is partaking as well. By vices I mean alcohol.

I am living at home because I have student loan debt and I want to save money so I can afford to go to Grad school without having to crawl into a black hole of financial obligation. I would ideally like to pursue a Masters in Corporate Communication but I still need to look into more programs.

 I am working the ski season as a seasonal employee so I don't have to quit a job as soon as it suits me and sully my reputation.

I want to move to NYC so I can set up NY residency and go to a CUNYgrad program for a reasonable cost. And because I really like it there and I like my boyfriend and all of that. I have already taken steps toward sorting out housing even though I won't be moving til next May.

I do my goddamn taxes!

I haven't shopped in the Juniors section at Macy's for like, 2 years.

I rarely feel jelous of anyone anymore.

My hair is almost completely back to it's normal color. I'll have plenty of time to dye it when I start going gray.

I am not, nor have I ever been, attracted to Justin Bieber or Taylor Lautner.

Everything on the CW is terrible.

I am willing to admit that I was a complete tool until I was about 17. 

I understand that talking about 90s television shows to any great extent other than in a 1 on 1 situation is neither interesting nor indicative of my intellect.

I don't take my menstrual cycle as license to be a complete cunt to everyone.  That being said, I sometimes find other reasons to be a complete cunt to everyone. If I didn't I would go crazy at least twice a year.

I have ads on my blog. That's smart. You should click on them. I think I just violated my terms and conditions though.

No comments:

Post a Comment