Thursday, March 15, 2012

Transitions.

I know I said I was going to do a song a week for the Real Book Project but I forgot so...sorry. I'll do two next week. How do I know that I'll have time? Because the 18th is my very last day working in Reservations. In theory I have another few weekends working at the Waffle Cabin but it's supposed to be in the 70s next week so we'll see how long the snow holds out on the mountain.

So this is it. My season of living at home and saving money is coming to an end and I have to go forth and resume my adult life. It seems like my best course of action is to find a summer sublet and work on getting a job and an apartment once I'm there. I've been applying to jobs pretty much on the daily through websites but I feel like I need to get down there and start making calls to really get it together. "Down there" is NYC by the way in case you've been paying no attention to what I've said about my plans in the past.

The good news is that I do have some money saved. The bad news is that it's not THAT much money and I still have student loans. This reminds me that I really need to re-apply for Income Based Repayment so my payments due don't skyrocket soon. I just felt a pang of stress that I know isn't going to go away until I do something productive so I will be back next week, hopefully with all sorts of interesting things to discuss.


No comments:

Post a Comment