Monday, October 24, 2011

My Fascination with Greg Grunberg


So I've been watching Felicity on Netflix for the past couple of weeks. I am now at the beginning of season 3 and Greg Grunberg, who plays Sean Blumberg on Felicity, as well asMatt Parkman on Heroes, and some character whose name I can't remember on the recent (cancelled) show "Love Bites", is a central character. What fascinates me about Greg Grunberg's ability to be cast in these kinds of roles is the fact that he is a legitimately overweight man. This guy has got something figured out. His weight never really gets brought up and his characters always have hot wives or girlfriends and he's never even that nice or funny of a dude. It's not like a "King of Queens" sort of thing where his being unattractive is kind of  the point and everything else plays off of that. He just plays his characters as if he were a much better looking man and the writers seem to be cool with it. I admire the man, although speaking as a woman I do find potential health problems to be somewhat unappealing.

So that's all I really have to say about that. It's just something I've been thinking about. So, Greg Grunberg, if you're reading this, keep up the good work. I know you're in your 40s now, and you might be tempted to lose weight so you can improve the length and quality of your life, but I find you much more interesting as a chubby enigma.

No comments:

Post a Comment