Sunday, October 23, 2011

Surviving Late October

Now is the time of year in Vermont between peak foliage and snowfall in Vermont. This time also happens to align with a drop in temperature and a lack of clear, sunny days. The Holidays are just far enough away that looking forward to them only makes matters worse. I've had a cold for the last few days so maybe I'm just feeling sensative but I have to say that I'm just sort of generally bummed out in a not particularly serious or important  way. I need a little something to perk me up. My first paycheck should do the trick but that's not til Thursday. The Emma who isn't trying to keep her hair it's natural color until it grows out would dye it right now. I suppose there's Halloween to think about but I don't have any plans yet. I think what I need, actually, is to go out at some point and get sensationally smashed. On alcohol that is. I haven't really done that since I was freshly 21. I usually get sleepy at just passed buzzed and that's the end of that.

In other news we had playoffs for my coed soccer league today. We lost our first game and tied our second and I'm really sure what that means, but needless to say we were not the champions.  Also I felt all phlegmy and gooey and we had plenty of subs so I didn't play as much as I normally would. I rationally understand my choice to do this but I'm a little sad that I didn't play more since it was our last games. I don't know if I'll have time to play indoors this winter. We shall see.

Alright, I feel like this post is just glorified moping, which is not a practice I support, so I'm going to get up and see if I can make myself useful. As the standard apology for a boring post, please enjoy the following image.

No comments:

Post a Comment