Sunday, October 30, 2011

Not Quite Halloween




This year for Halloween I was a Wealthy But Neglected Victorian 10 year old. My hobbies include getting a head start on my opium addiction and falling into wells. I took my inspiration from Edward Gorey illustrations. I urge you all to check him out if you never have. 

I went to Burlington tonight. A friend of mine was going to meet me but she got held up because of the snow so I wiled away the hours thoroughly committing to my costume and being wicked creepy and awkward.  First I went to Muddy Water coffee house and had one of their warm spirited beverages comprised of hot ginger cider and Jameson and some other stuff. Then I saw both bands at Nectars and had a G&T, a half hard cider half black IPA (this is really delicious), and a Rolling Rock in a can for $2.50. I think I might have left my can in the bathroom trashcan. I  didn't mean to it was just that there were no other stable surfaces and I was kind of drunk so I'm really sorry to anyone who works there. So that was my night. I'm home now and there are a bunch of actual 13 year olds in the basement and if they don't shut up soon I am going to poison each and every one of them at my next nearest convenience. It won't kill them. It will just paralyze their vocal chords until they have anything worth while to scream about. If only such a thing really existed...

No comments:

Post a Comment