Thursday, October 27, 2011

Snow and Eggnog.

It snowed today which can only mean one thing: I want eggnog. Preferably eggnog mixed with Baccardi 151 and amaretto.  It also means that and I now have to shower with a space heater in the bathroom. And that I can't leave the house in crocs with no sox. Mostly, though, it means I want eggnog. The thing is eggnog is really bad for you and it's already harder to exercise this time of year because it's cold out but it's not ski season yet and I spend a lot of my spare time huddling for warmth. Also it's only October. I really can't allow myself to have eggnog anytime before thanksgiving. It's just irresponsible. I didn't really do anything today and I've been filling the eggnog sized hole in my life with gin and tonics so I'm not in much of a mood for writing. Sometimes drinking puts me MORE in a mood for writing but I've either not reached that point yet or I've already passed it. It's a fine line between uninhibited creativity and self-indulgent rambling and alcohol tends to polarize it one way or the other for me, so I'm just going to stop right here.


No comments:

Post a Comment